The Bozho is seeking a freelance writer to contribute to our Food + Drink section.
The section includes a mix of restaurant reviews, news coverage of the local dining and drinking scene, and food-related features and opinion pieces.
A candidate who’s a great fit will have:
- Previously published editorial work and experience with AP style
- Borderline unhealthy obsession with food and food writing (completely unhealthy OK too)
- Intimate knowledge of the Madison dining scene, or a strong urge to learn
- Unique perspectives and ideas and the ability to translate those into writing
- Desire to suss out captivating stories and share them with the Madison community
- Recommendations for the best restaurant patios, tacos al pastor and happy hours in town
- A camera (or smartphone) to document the food you’re writing about
This writer will have some pieces assigned by an editor, but we’re seeking someone who is passionate enough about local food to pitch ideas as well.
TL;DR… R U OK WRITER WHO ♡ FOOD? PLZ APPLY
To apply: Via the form below, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 published writing clips, and 3 stories you’d pitch for our Food + Drink section (headlines and 1-2 sentence descriptions would be fine).